Back in March our Junior Head Coach, Tom Wiles submitted a bid to the Tesco scheme 'Bags Of Help', to try and realize one of our Junior Clubs founding principles 'football for all' #footballforall
The idea is the brainchild of Tom's brother Andy, who first came up with the plan to have a 'boot exchange' at the club last July.
The scheme has a very simple philosophy.
Young players at the club will be able to take an old item of kit, be it boots, shin pads etc that are in good condition, and can swap them out for a new size. As every parent knows, buying kit at the same rate their kids grow out of it is, or can be, an expensive affair.
Funding will help us kit out a location, and buy some initial stock, but the idea is that through the exchange system it will become self sufficient, with kids able to pick up nearly new items, and leave their old ones behind.
The scheme is available to all Juniors and Young Disability Adults at the club, and we hope it can also entice youngsters from all backgrounds in the local community, as we believe no child should be excluded from playing the beautiful game because of the cost of a pair of boots.
The Tesco scheme is designed to give out charitable donations to good causes and community clubs and organisations to help them achieve a goal of their choice.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
Local Tesco stores will be running a token scheme from Sunday July 1st 2018 to Friday 31st August 2018. You can obtain a token for a purchase of any value in store. Please tell everyone about the scheme and do your shopping there during this time, lets get enough money to achieve this fantastic scheme!!
The local stores are:
Castleford Fryston Road Tesco Express - WF10 3LW
Pontefract Superstore - WF8 1BJ
At the end of this period the tokens for different schemes will be counted and funding awards distributed at the end of September.
1st Prize - £4000
2nd Prize - £2000
3rd Prize - £1000
Please note the below advice in terms of do’s and don’ts before and during the voting period:
- Tamper with the voting unit otherwise your project may be void from the vote
- Influence customers casting their vote at the voting unit.
- Encourage supporters to submit multiple tokens in the voting unit
- Promote your project in store without permission from the Store Manager
- Collect Bags of Help tokens from stores that are not within your region to vote for your project
- Cast your vote as soon as you receive your token for a project in the current voting round
Updated 21:37 - 1 Jun 2018 by Dave firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only submit Tesco Bags of Help token to cast your vote
- Maximise promotion of your project during the voting period by making best use of PR and Social Media guidance - https://www.groundwork.org.uk/Sites/tescocommunityscheme/pages/bags-of-help-communications-guidance
- Encourage the local community and your supporters to get involved with Bags of Help voting